You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Board of Directors
There are 28 record(s) that match your criteria.
Meet with Board Members monthly
- Responsible for the overall financial health of the organization with support of the Board of Directors
- Is required to be a signing officer
- Works with Board President and Executive Director to develop an annual budget
- Presents financial statements (profit and loss, adherence to budget) reports at monthly board meetings
- Works with bookkeeper and executive director to ensure accounting is accurate and up to date
- Approves bills to be paid
- Attend monthly board meetings (9 per year)
- Working with the Board Chair, other board members and Senior Management of the organization to support Helping Hands in fulfilling it mission
- Responsible for governance functions and oversight of Helping Hands
- To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Gateway Centre for Learning so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary
- Understand the policies and procedures of Gateway Centre for Learning
Duties Could Include:
- Board Members needed! Seeking volunteers with experience in:
- Grant writing
- Publicity or strategic planning in Education or Arts
Other opportunities exist depending on interest
We take information that will help solve any crime that has been, or is about to be, committed such as the whereabouts of wanted persons, stolen property, illegal narcotics and contraband tobacco; wildlife poaching, and animal neglect/cruelty. Information is forwarded with a guarantee of anonymity to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Crime Stoppers of Grey Bruce is seeking community-minded individuals wishing to volunteer their time on our Board of Directors or to assist at our promotional or fundraising events as Casual Volunteers.
Please consider volunteering with Crime Stoppers of Grey Bruce and become part of the solution to unsolved crime!
Integral part of creating awareness in the community of the services that we provide and who we provide them for. They will steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical and legal governance and finance management policies.
Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team, the Board Director will work toward the following, as a volunteer:
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Various professional backgrounds are welcome
• Make sure the organization has adequate resources to fulfill its mission
• Attend regular board meetings
• Make a commitment to actively participate in board and committee meetings (where applicable)
• Stay informed about organizational and committee matters
• Participate in fundraising for the organization
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
Oversee the development of high-level financial policies and their review by the
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its presentation to the board
• Ensure that the appropriate monthly or quarterly financial statements are
reviewed by the board
• Ensure that the board regularly monitors the organization’s financial
performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and
• Ensure that the organization maintains the appropriate financial books and
records and that these are accurate and up to date
• Ensure that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely
• Ensure that payroll and other liabilities are settled in a timely manner
• Serve as a co-signer of cheques with at least one another signing officer
• Ensure that excess funds and reserves are properly held and invested
• Verify that donations are handled appropriately and that grants, and service
delivery contracts are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of
• Meet with the external auditor annually 3, or more often if needed, to identify
any financial control and record keeping problems or deficiencies and oversee
action by the Executive Director and financial officer to address them
• Recommend to the board the need for a review or renewal of the auditing
• Assists the Executive Director and board chair with the development and
presentation of the annual report
• Present or co-present the organization’s financial report and recommend
appointment or reappointment of auditor at the Annual General Meeting
• Helps, along with the Executive Director, keep the board informed of important
financial events, trends, and issues relevant to the organization
With many different skills and experiences, volunteers can give of their time to Empower Simcoe in a variety of ways:
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people who have an developmental disability
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Participating in fundraising at Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Assisting with fundraising events like our annual Fashion Show and Golf Tournament
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Timing? We`ll coordinate opportunities to your availability.
- Grooming and tack up of the horse
- Leading of the horse for warm-up
- Control of the horse during class
- Un-tack horse and cleanup of equipment
- Support the rider as necessary to balance
- Assist rider to complete skills as needed
- Assist leader with tack and cleanup
– Ensure J2DW lives its values, mission and vision
– Guide J2DW to achieve its strategic directions
– Be responsible for making decisions in the best interests of J2DW
– Be accountable for the monitoring and oversight of J2DW’s performance standards and other outcome measures
– Ensure financial accountability, providing feedback and guidance to the CEO
– Provide a link with J2DW to ensure effective communication of community perceptions and needs
- Some of our volunteer positions include the following:
- Office Administration
- Board of Directors
- Special Event Assistants
Great opportunities abound and we need your help to continue, and expand our work to provide amazing places for young people to grow and flourish. BGC North Simcoe is a registered non-profit agency with a mission to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Board members will attend meetings and take part in the business conducted by the Board of Directors for BGC North Simcoe.
Volunteers assist with:
Occasional research into related issues.
Supportive of the Agency’s Vision, Purpose and Values
Team oriented with good decision-making skills
Able to attend and participate in 10 Board meetings each year as well as committee meetings
Age 18 or over and live or work in Simcoe County or the District of Muskoka
While we encourage all interested persons to apply, as a skills-based board, we are highly interested in community members who have lived or professional experience in the following areas:
• French Language Service
• Indigenous Heritage
• Quality Assurance
• Children’s Mental Health
• Communications /PR / Marketing
• Police/Corrections/Youth Justice
Varied skills, experience, capacity and attitude to fulfill expectations of this important role will be considered by the Nominating Committee.
**Confirmation of all prospective Directors shall be conditional on receipt and review of a vulnerable sector / criminal record check, child welfare record check and COVID-19 vaccination.
Board members gain an understanding of the issues facing child welfare, children’s mental health and the process of governance. They also help to raise the visibility of the Agency by communicating our purpose and serving as ambassadors within the community.