You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Student Placement
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Run a 7 week program within the elementary schools for kids in grade 6,7 and/or 8. The program focuses on core themes including; body image, self-esteem, healthy eating/activity and building healthy relationship. Volunteers are responsible for a group of 4-8 kids. Its once a week for 90 minutes and its a 7-week program. They run during the school day 9-3pm, Monday-Friday from September-June. Volunteer can run multiple groups during the school year. Location of the program is Barrie, Innisfil, Angus, Baxter and Minesing.
- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
Volunteers can assist with a variety of activities and programs including:
Recreation programs (games, arts and crafts etc)
Small Group Programs (cards, reading, knitting)
Special events and Entertainment
Special Interest Presentations
Community Bus Outings
One to one friendly visits
Hair dresser & In home Wellness appointments
General office assistance
Physiotherapy/ Fitness classes
Gardening (in warmer months)
This is a wonderful hands-on opportunity to learn about our native wild animals. Procyon Wildlife counts on volunteer animal caregivers to carry out the essential duties that allow orphaned and injured animals to return to the wild. If you are able to commit 5 hours once a week, you will find this very rewarding!
- The duties of this ongoing volunteer position involve:
- Preparing food for, and feeding animals of all ages, cleaning cages
- Observing animal behaviour and condition, and record keeping
- Housekeeping such as laundry, washing dishes, cleaning counters, floors, and equipment, and light yard work
As a French language volunteer, you will play a key role in our educational initiatives, providing language support and cultural insights to individuals seeking to improve their French language skills.
- Conduct group French language tutoring sessions.
- Assist in developing French language learning materials and activities
- Participate in cultural exchange to share aspects of French culture
- Collaborate with our team to create an engaging and supportive online learning environment
Volunteers would be required to provide support to individuals on a helpline or chat service who have experienced sexual trauma, violence and or assault. A 30 hour training course and interview is to be completed before starting on the helpline and chat service.