- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
Cycle for Sight is looking for a variety of volunteers to help with different aspects of the 15th annual event held in June in Alliston (cyclists ride from Alliston to Stayner and back)
This role will focus on recruiting, retaining, and renewing participants.
1. Marketing and communications
iii. Phone calls
iv. Text messages
v. Social media i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Strava
2. Launch and / or VIP parties (in-person or virtual)
3. Team Captain VIP program
4. Spokespeople i.e. athletes and people affected by vision loss
This role will focus on making fundraising easier for participants and increasing funds raised by participants.
1. Participant fundraising portal
2. Marketing and communications:
ii. Phone calls
iii. Text messages
3. Top Fundraiser VIP program
4. Fundraising toolkit i.e. tips, email templates
5. Incentive prizes and awards
Event Day Logistics
This role will focus on event day logistics and ensuring that we provide participants with a premier event experience.
1. Venue selection
2. Route, rest stops, and rider chip tracking system
3. Jersey design
5. Start line experience
6. Finish line experience
7. Securing auction and gift bag items (if applicable)
Volunteers will be responsable for meeting with a clients weekly or bi-weekly to add enrichment to peoples lives. Clients are blind or have vision loss to some degree, which often requires adpaments to life. Volunteers are required to socialse with them and add normal contact back in their lives after the effects of the pandemic. They can go for walks, visit community gardens, really anything the pair would enjoy. The requirement are up to the two people who are paired.