You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Translation / Languages / Interpretation
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Katimavik’s National Experience is an amazing opportunity for any Canadian citizens, permanent residents or landed refugees aged 17 – 25 who are looking for 5.5 months of creative learning, community engagement, Truth and Reconciliation, and self-discovery! Youth will live in a group with up to 10 of their peers in two separate communities throughout the course of the program. During the program they engage in 32 valuable volunteer hours a week, learn how to manage a house, make lifelong friends, and gain confidence that they themselves can make an impactful difference in our country. This is a fully funded opportunity where participants’ travel expenses, living accommodations, food costs, and daily needs are covered. All they will need to bring is their dedication, empathy, and commitment to making a better world!
Some of the topics and skills that Participants will be challenged to learn about include:
- The history of Indigenous peoples in Canada and the importance of Truth and Reconciliation;
- The benefits and impact of civic engagement;
- Professional work skills in a variety of sectors, depending on volunteer placements;
- Cooking skills, house maintenance, and practical life skills;
- Conflict resolution, communication, and how to strive within a team environment;
- Environmental protection and sustainable development;
- English or French as an additional language;
- Leadership, advocacy, and project management skills;
- Canada’s cultural, geographic, and linguistic diversity.