You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Carpentry & Woodwork
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Integral part of creating awareness in the community of the services that we provide and who we provide them for. Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team, the Building and Maintenance Volunteer will work toward the following, as a volunteer:
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision
• In charge of basic lawn care and snow removal from driveway and sidewalk
• Proper knowledge and safety skills to use basic power tools, snow blower, lawn maintenance equipment
• Ability to perform simple home repairs
• Fulfill work order requests in a timely manner
• Attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• May involve heavy lifting, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
Two sites: Camphill Nottawasaga, near Angus and Camphill Sophia Creek in Barrie.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
Camphill Nottawasaga (Angus)
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows horses and goats)
Both locations need volunteers to help with set-up, cash management and take-down at our Farmers Markets
Various Volunteer opportunities to include special events, garden, pottery, fairs ,cafe, mosaic studio
various land work and vegetable gardening.
Police records check and a reference will be required.