You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Transportation / Driver / Delivery
There are 22 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
You understand that cancer can change everything, and you want to help people in your community get access to their Cancer treatment through our Wheels of Hope program.
• We ask that you dedicate at minimum a half day to one day weekly, although we are able to accommodate those able to give a few days a month or during particular times of the year (ie summer months, winter months).
• Your schedule will be provided at least three (3) days ahead of time or more and will depend on busy days/periods, your preferences and client demand.
• You agree to initiate and respond with regular, consistent communication between the Transportation Coordinator, clients you are scheduled to drive.
* As a volunteer, you are a representative and ambassador who promotes the mission and values of the organization.
- Driving a wheelchair accessible vehicle for members of the community who, because of their need for a wheelchair, aren't able to use other transportation.
- Pick up clients and their escort at assigned time, deliver to their destination.
- Keep a schedule for appointments.
- Use provided equipment to ensure driver and client safety.
- Drivers are not responsible for clients while at their appointment/destination.
Deliver donated food to Individuals and families in South Georgian Bay.
Willingness to build joyful relationships!
You can make a difference by becoming a Volunteer Driver for children and youth.
Volunteers help with packing fruits and vegetables for monthly good food box orders
- Pick up prepared hot meals
- Deliver the designated meal to client’s homes on a pre-determined schedule
- Provide professional customer service when delivering meals
- Assist clients, door to door to medical, shopping and social appointments both locally as well as out of town destinations for medical appointments.
- For those volunteers interested in wheelchair transportation additional training provided and agency wheelchair vehicles available.
- Drive suuplies to people seeking assistance
- Sort thourgh inventory
- Stock shelves
We are always looking for ambitious, compassionate, committed volunteers to join our team. There are a variety of positions available to fit your talents, gifts and experience.
- Available positions:
- Kitchen Assistant
- Drivers needed to pick-up food donations
- Provide safe, reliable, professional and courteous transportation service to residents of North Simcoe, using your own vehicle
- Communicate with transportation staff and passengers regarding scheduled rides.
- Ensure adherence to the Community Reach program procedures and policies including confidentiality agreement.
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people who have an developmental disability
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Participating in fundraising at Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Assisting with fundraising events like our annual Fashion Show and Golf Tournament
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
• Arrive at the Meal Source at the prearranged time.
• Deliver meals in the order they appear on the route sheet/book.
• Converse with client to check on client’s well being.
• Report any problems or concerns encountered in carrying out duties to Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce.
- Provide rides for seniors for the Day Away program and appointments.
- Pick up and drop off clients at a scheduled time
- Providing long and/or short-distance rides for social purposes and non-emergency medical appointments to clients in Grey-Bruce
Help to deliver meals to residents in your community for the meals on wheels program.
The Adoption Team Transport Volunteer is responsible for safely transporting adoptable GTHS cats and kittens to pet stores, to attract adopters in that community. On occasion, any remaining cats or kittens will be collected and returned to the GTHS Animal Centre.
- Maintain clean and tidy GTHS van (inside and outside), if used
- Replenish fuel in GTHS van, if used
- Ensure any appropriate documentation is available for the Adoption Partner
- Liaise with staff at the GTHS Animal Centre and at the Adoption Partner’s location upon drop-off/collection
- Bring completed adoption paperwork and cash, if any, back to the Animal Centre
- Load/unload animals in carriers
- Ensure animals are safe and secure
- Follow appropriate protocol, policies and procedures
- Ensure photocopy of valid/most recent version of G2 driver’s license is retained by GTHS
To deliver/pick-up materials from locations throughout Simcoe County.
Pick up materials from the Society offices or designated location.
Deliver materials to participating locations within a specific time frame. Give the materials to the contact person or their designate. At prescribed time, pick up completed materials from the participating locations. Deliver completed materials to the Society office or designated location. Keep completed materials from participating locations separate from each other. Keep materials organized and in good condition.
Our volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to provide an invaluable service by assisting staff and foster families with the transportation needs of children in the care of SMFC. Volunteer drivers transport children and their families to various appointments such as access visits, medical appointments and schools throughout Muskoka and the Simcoe County region at the request of the Agency. Punctuality and reliability are a necessity for this position. Our drivers are compensated a fair rate per kilometre.
Volunteer Drivers take kids and youth to school, appointments, family access visits and more. Volunteers utilize thier own vehicles for this purpose.
Drives are assigned on an as needed basis, according to the volunteers schedule allowing this to be a flexible volunteer opportunity.