You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Transportation / Driver / Delivery
There are 11 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Driving a wheelchair accessible vehicle for members of the community who, because of their need for a wheelchair, aren't able to use other transportation.
- Pick up clients and their escort at assigned time, deliver to their destination.
- Keep a schedule for appointments.
- Use provided equipment to ensure driver and client safety.
- Drivers are not responsible for clients while at their appointment/destination.
- Pick up prepared hot meals
- Deliver the designated meal to client’s homes on a pre-determined schedule
- Provide professional customer service when delivering meals
- Assist clients, door to door to medical, shopping and social appointments both locally as well as out of town destinations for medical appointments.
- For those volunteers interested in wheelchair transportation additional training provided and agency wheelchair vehicles available.
We are always looking for ambitious, compassionate, committed volunteers to join our team. There are a variety of positions available to fit your talents, gifts and experience.
- Available positions:
- Kitchen Assistant
- Drivers needed to pick-up food donations
- Provide safe, reliable, professional and courteous transportation service to residents of North Simcoe, using your own vehicle
- Communicate with transportation staff and passengers regarding scheduled rides.
- Ensure adherence to the Community Reach program procedures and policies including confidentiality agreement.
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people who have an developmental disability
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Participating in fundraising at Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Assisting with fundraising events like our annual Fashion Show and Golf Tournament
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Help to deliver meals to residents in your community for the meals on wheels program.
To deliver/pick-up materials from locations throughout Simcoe County.
Pick up materials from the Society offices or designated location.
Deliver materials to participating locations within a specific time frame. Give the materials to the contact person or their designate. At prescribed time, pick up completed materials from the participating locations. Deliver completed materials to the Society office or designated location. Keep completed materials from participating locations separate from each other. Keep materials organized and in good condition.
Our volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to provide an invaluable service by assisting staff and foster families with the transportation needs of children in the care of SMFC. Volunteer drivers transport children and their families to various appointments such as access visits, medical appointments and schools throughout Muskoka and the Simcoe County region at the request of the Agency. Punctuality and reliability are a necessity for this position. Our drivers are compensated a fair rate per kilometre.