Integral part of promoting the values and mission of the organization in the community. Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team the Social Media Manager Lead will work toward the following, as a volunteer:
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Have a clear understanding of human trafficking and associated trauma
• Graphic design experience is an asset
• Oversee Imani’s Place interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms.
• Increase the visibility of the organization, its programs, and fundraising events, as well as increase the number of active supporters.
• Identify trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Work cooperatively with the Marketing, Communications and Community Engagement Leads
• Share our passion and dedication to making a real difference in the lives of women (particularly BIPOC women) who have experienced trauma through domestic violence and/or human trafficking.
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
Assist with repairing used bicycle; Salvaging parts; Organizing/sorting bike shop equipment and tools; Assisting clients/public with bicycle repairs.
Repairing used bicycles for distribution or sale to the public.
- Volunteer members:
- Assist with planting at annual flower shows and flower gardens
- Maintenance of gardens in various locations
- Attending meetings
- Assist with fundraising duties to aid in beautification of the community
- Act as youth horticulture group leaders
- Assist with production of annual year book
- Help keep website up to date
Job Type: Volunteer
Job Title: Volunteer Digital Content Producer
Journey to Diversity Workplaces is both an experiment and a project. Haven't you ever wished you could work somewhere better? Somewhere where they went out of their way to not only appreciate you, but treat you right, and pay you fairly? We want a different kind of workplace where diversity is championed and so is the worker.
At J2DW, our employees are our members. Period!
Respecting differences ethically, morally, and legally.
As a Volunteer Digital Content Producer, your role will be to oversee and coordinate the content submitted by other volunteers for our organization's website blog. You will work closely with a team of volunteers, ensuring that the content meets our standards and effectively communicates our message to the audience. This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for coordinating and curating engaging digital content.
Content Coordination: Collaborate with volunteers to collect, review, and curate content submissions for the website blog. Ensure that the content aligns with our organization's goals, values, and Canadian English language standards.
Quality Control: Conduct thorough content reviews to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to our style guide and editorial guidelines. Provide constructive feedback and guidance to volunteers to enhance the quality of their submissions.
Editing and Proofreading: Edit and proofread content submissions for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and overall readability. Ensure that the content is error-free and maintains a consistent tone and voice.
Content Scheduling: Create and maintain an editorial calendar to organize and schedule the publication of blog posts. Coordinate with volunteers to establish deadlines and ensure a steady flow of content.
Collaboration and Communication: Maintain effective communication with volunteers, providing them with timely feedback and guidance. Collaborate with other team members, such as designers and social media coordinators, to align content publication and promotion.
SEO Optimization: Optimize content for search engine visibility by incorporating relevant keywords and metadata. Familiarize yourself with SEO best practices to maximize the impact and reach of the blog posts.
Performance Tracking: Monitor the performance of published blog posts using analytics tools. Analyze engagement metrics and user feedback to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Canadian English.
Strong attention to detail, grammar, and punctuation.
Familiarity with WordPress.
Basic knowledge of SEO principles and best practices.
Ability to provide constructive feedback and guidance to volunteers.
Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a volunteer team environment.
Prior experience in content coordination, editing, or a related field is desirable but not required.
Please note that this is a volunteer position, and compensation will be in the form of valuable experience, skill development, and the satisfaction of contributing to a meaningful cause.
If you are passionate about coordinating and curating digital content, ensuring quality and consistency, and making a positive impact through your work, we invite you to join our team as a Volunteer Digital Content Producer.
Apply in confidence with your LinkedIn URL or other online resume URL at https://j2dw.co/3rLQreD
If you require accommodations for the application process, please email us! https://j2dw.co/3Q6t3CI