You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Environmental Action Barrie / Living Green, No Physical Address
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
1. To attend all General Meetings and Board Meetings of EAB; to speak at those meetings; to move or second proposed actions; to vote on motions; and to perform other governance functions of EAB.
2. To respond promptly to inquiries regarding Board business, whether by mail, telephone or email; or to notify the Chair if I will be incommunicado for an extended period for any reason or unable to attend a Board meeting.
3. According to Canadian law, I have the following Duties:
a)To be Reasonable, Prudent, and Sagacious (Directors must bear in mind the interests of the Charity and not allow their personal interests or prejudices to affect their conduct and decisions)
b) To Act Gratuitously (Directors can receive payment out of the charity's property for reasonable and necessary out-of-pocket disbursements; Directors should not benefit, either directly or indirectly, from any transaction within the charity)
c) To Avoid Conflict-of-Interest Situations (a Director must avoid all potential conflicts of interest and any appearance of a conflict of interest)
d) To Account (for the Charity's funds and other property, including funds donated for designated purposes; ensuring proper books of accounting are maintained and all invoices required to substantiate their accounts are retained)
e) To Manage the Charity's Assets (responsibility for the management of the Charity's funds and assets is the Directors' alone)
4. To maintain confidentiality of all Board documents, communications (including email), passwords, etc. and not share any of these with others without the express permission of the Chair
5. If I feel that I cannot carry out the duties described above, to resign from the board with proper written notification to the Chair.
If interested, apply in confidence via email.