You performed a search for: Organization: Elizabeth Fry Society Simcoe Muskoka
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Youth Justice Committee's (YJC) bring together youth 12-17 who have been involved in the criminal justice system, their parent(s), and trained members of the community. In this role:
* you would attend YJC meetings to determine appropriate and meaningful ways for the youth to make amends for their actions.
* ensure that the youth is aware of the purpose of the meeting, and discuss police report information.
* explore perspectives of all parties, including the youth and others represented at t he meeting, such as community members, community agency representatives, and the parent(s).
* present and agree upon appropriate sanctions for the youth.
* provide information and referrals to supportive community agency programs.
* respect the confidentiality of the youth and other YJC members.