You performed a search for: Organization: COPE Service Dogs
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Raise a confident and responsive puppy.
- Care for the dog’s needs according to guidelines from COPE.
- Provide consistent structure, rules and boundaries to the dog according to training from COPE.
- Provide obedience training and socialization to the dog.
- Transport the dog to and from its training programs: Canines in the Classroom (Innisfil) or Refinement Training (Barrie). Multiple pick up/drop off locations in Barrie and Innisfil by COPE van is available.
- Support from Puppy Sitter Volunteer network is available for vacations or emergencies.
- Dog food, routine veterinary care, one dog crate, walking harness and leash are provided by COPE.
The application process takes time and training space is limited, please submit your application now to allow enough time to set up a home interview and ensure a training spot is reserved for you upon the approval of your application.
Interviews are done by phone and via web conferencing software. Training are done virtually with in-person portion with dogs in open air locations, no physical contact and keeping proper physical distance when provincial guidelines allow us to do so.