You performed a search for: Organization: Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Join Staff as they lead adult, youth, and school groups on outdoor experiences at the Wye Marsh on foot, snowshoes or cross country skis, or by kayak and canoe.
- Assist Staff delivering environmental education programs in English and/or French
- Support weekend public programs
- Help out with special events
A year round environmental educational centre which is accessible to all.
- Help visitors with rentals of cross country skis and snowshoes
- Greet Visitors
- Take sizes or measurements, and retrieve the appropriate equipment
- While not highly physically demanding, some physical activity and ability is required for this position
Thousands of people flock to the Wye Marsh every year for our Sweetwater Festival to enjoy the first harvest of the year.
Everyone has the chance to walk the trails, see different sap collecting systems, visit a modern day working sugar shack, taste fresh roasted bannock, and welcome the sights and sounds of spring.
- As a Sweetwater Volunteer you may help with:
- Selling tickets
- Creating take-home craft kits
- Sharing our natural history onsite with visitors