You performed a search for: Organization: United Way Simcoe Muskoka
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
The program seeks indivudals with a basic understanding of income tax and those who may want to gain some experience in this field.
You can offer:
- the gift of your time, talent and energy to complete income tax returns in Essa County and/or New Tecumseth during the months of March and April 2023.
- completion of a current valid Criminal Record Check and signed confidentiality agreement
- availibilty to participate in a Community Volunteer Income Tax Program offered through CRA
- access to a lap top or desktop
- act in a professional manner AND respect the Human Rights Act
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that UWSM community investment goals and priority areas are taken into consideration in all grant- making processes
2. Review application forms and documents’; prepare additional interview questions (if required) to ensure applications meet criteria including:
• Agency capacity to deliver the program
• Program alignment to agency’s mission
• Evidence and need for the program
• Adaptability and client centered
• Alignment to focus area and investment priorities
• Target population and clients serviced
• Impact of the program on clients
• Intended outcomes of the program
3. Conduct Interviews where warranted as part of the application review process with support from UWSM staff.
4. Complete review, assessments and scoring of applications.
5. As a council, form recommendations to the UWSM Community Investment & Engagement Steering Committee on which funding allocations will create a strong network of supports exhibiting diversity in geography, populations served and range of programs/interventions or services. All recommendations are then presented to the United Way Board of Directors for final approval.
6. To provide a safe and confidential environment for sharing information.
7. Ensure a fair, transparent, equitable funds allocation process.
8. Support United Way in our growth and development
9. Provide feedback and recommendations to UWSM on capacity building, advocacy and collaboration
10. Review Annual Reports from funded agencies to inform United Way of accomplishments and gather data on clients impacted by the program, ensure agency accountability and understand circumstances that may influence program impact, making recommendations for support if needed.