You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Legal Skills
There are 12 record(s) that match your criteria.
Provides volunteer opportunities in non-profit healthcare.
Current programs offering volunteer opportunities include:
- mental health programs
- physical exercise groups
- nutrition education
- chronic disease management groups
- programs for individuals living with chronic pain or chronic health conditions
- physiotherapy programs
- social support groups, hobbies and crafts groups, and more
EligibilityAge requirement: 16 years and older.Application ProcessE-mail the health centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone or apply via the website.
- Attend monthly board meetings (9 per year)
- Working with the Board Chair, other board members and Senior Management of the organization to support Helping Hands in fulfilling it mission
- Responsible for governance functions and oversight of Helping Hands
- To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Gateway Centre for Learning so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary
- Understand the policies and procedures of Gateway Centre for Learning
Duties Could Include:
- Board Members needed! Seeking volunteers with experience in:
- Grant writing
- Publicity or strategic planning in Education or Arts
We take information that will help solve any crime that has been, or is about to be, committed such as the whereabouts of wanted persons, stolen property, illegal narcotics and contraband tobacco; wildlife poaching, and animal neglect/cruelty. Information is forwarded with a guarantee of anonymity to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Crime Stoppers of Grey Bruce is seeking community-minded individuals wishing to volunteer their time on our Board of Directors or to assist at our promotional or fundraising events as Casual Volunteers.
Please consider volunteering with Crime Stoppers of Grey Bruce and become part of the solution to unsolved crime!
Integral part of creating awareness in the community of the services that we provide and who we provide them for. They will steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical and legal governance and finance management policies.
Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team, the Board Director will work toward the following, as a volunteer:
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Various professional backgrounds are welcome
• Make sure the organization has adequate resources to fulfill its mission
• Attend regular board meetings
• Make a commitment to actively participate in board and committee meetings (where applicable)
• Stay informed about organizational and committee matters
• Participate in fundraising for the organization
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.