You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Web & IT
There are 22 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
At monthly get togethers, first Monday evening of the month, any of: organize plant of the month, greet at the door, distribute door prize tickets, coordinate swap table, operate audio visual equipment including zoom.
Exhibition / Event set up: There’s a lot to learn about hanging an exhibition and the curatorial practices in a professional gallery, which you could learn by assisting our director and the team as they carefully change exhibitions. These happen all year round so get in touch if you’d like to have valuable insight into what goes on behind-the-scenes! You can also help set-up displays for one of our varied fundraisers, which also involves teamwork and an attention to detail. You might also be asked to lift or carry items, depending on the event.
Reception and Greeting: An integral part of events at Quest is the welcoming face our visitors see when they first arrive. If you feel you are a friendly, welcoming person then you could assist us by greeting visitors, taking down their information or assisting with ticketing. This role requires someone well-presented and able to multi-task.
Office / Administrative Support: There’s a lot that goes on behind-the-scenes to organize exhibitions and fundraisers! We are always seeking volunteers to help in the offices at Quest. If you are adept at multi-tasking, are comfortable making phone calls and have an eye for detail then this may be the perfect role!
Workshop / Educational Support: There are many different workshops held at Quest Art School + Gallery, and off-site, to a wide variety of students. We offer classes to children, youth and adults of all skill levels. If you are curious, patient and eager to lend a hand, then you might be perfect assisting one of our instructors as they lead a workshop.
Off-Site Events: Quest Art, as a charitable organization, is often invited to a wide range of events in the Midland-Penetang’, and sometimes wider, region. These vary by season and year, so depending on where you can get to, you could assist at one of these events. Please let us know your preferences as this would be a real asset to us at Quest when seeking location specific volunteers!
Volunteers may assist with: watering and weeding, mulching the pathways, researching a variety of gardening practices or plant care information, composting/soil building, participate in group gardening activities, create and maintain garden structures such as display board or plant lattices, administration and fundraising.
- Board Members needed! Seeking volunteers with experience in:
- Grant writing
- Publicity or strategic planning in Education or Arts
- On-site Volunteer at Earl Rowe Provincial Park, Alliston
- Help people with disabilities kayak and canoe
- Check paperwork, PFDs and other equipment
- If volunteer wishes to assist on water we will train canoe or kayak for a small fee, adaptive training is free Off-site Volunteer
- Help with office administration including record keeping, spreadsheets, grant writing
The collections volunteer will assist with all or some of these tasks
• creating on a computer finding aids for subjects
• photographing or scanning artifacts
• working on special programmes related to research/geneology/history
• researching artifacts
The collections volunteer will be provided training on the existing resources and how to use databases and on-line resources. We seek a bi-weekly or weekly commitment of a minimum of 2-3 hours Wednesday afternoon/evening.
Integral part of promoting the values and mission of the organization in the community and ensuring that developed promotional material aligns with Imani’s Place brand and logo use. Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team the Graphic Designer will work toward the following, as a volunteer:
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Have a clear understanding of human trafficking and associated trauma
• Create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner. This incorporates several tasks and responsibilities.
• Design web pages, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
• Oversee Imani’s Place interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms.
• Increase the visibility of the organization through the development of creative and dynamic material that will be placed throughout the community
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Work cooperatively with the Marketing, Communications and Community Engagement Leads
• Share our passion and dedication to making a real difference in the lives of women (particularly BIPOC women) who have experienced trauma through domestic violence and/or human trafficking.
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• May involve sitting for extended periods of time
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
Become a member of our volunteer team interested in supporting the vision and mission of Dress for Success. Make a difference and ensure that there is both awareness and funds available to helping disadvantage women return to work.
- As the Social Media Coordinator, you will:
- Work with ALS Canada staff and volunteers to manage the local walks social media pages promoting the event
- Support the event’s overall execution on June 20th, 2021, in celebration of Global ALS Awareness day.
Breakfast Club Facilitators
Professional Women's Group Facilitators
Stylist to help suit clients,
Professional Women's Group Mentors
Clothing Sorter - Sort Clothes, take inventory, and organize the store.
Stylists- Suit clients for their interviews (experience with Dress For Success may be needed, but will be provided).
Fundraising Committee- Creating events for fundraising opportunities, or volunteering for an already planned event.
IT Tech - Someone to create and maintain a social presence online to promote the organization and it's events.
Hair and Make up Stylists- Help show clients what is appropriate for interviews and work when considering make up and hair.
Board of Directors- Must be 18+, will sit in on the board meetings and hold an important role within the organization, for more information, contact Linda Reid, Executive Director for Dress For Success Orillia and Barrie.
Create Go Fund Me type of pages, as well as other methods, etc. To maintain them Monday - Friday. Except holidays.
Need people to maintain a Facebook page, once it is set up. Required people to set up and maintain a LinkedIn page.
Assist with repairing used bicycle; Salvaging parts; Organizing/sorting bike shop equipment and tools; Assisting clients/public with bicycle repairs.
Repairing used bicycles for distribution or sale to the public.
The board of directors steers the direction of the Huronia Community Foundation and provides accountability to the community for the performance of the Foundation. The role of the board member is to:
- stay informed of the operations of the Foundation by attending monthly meetings (Fourth Tuesday monthly from 8 to 9:30 am)
- Commit the time and resources to serve on the board
- Actively participate in 2 or more board committees
- Represent the Foundation in the community
- Attend Foundation events, including the Annual General meeting in September
The Living Wish Foundation offers an amazing opportunity for community members to join its board. If you have Passion, Imagination, Sensitivity, and Honour, you already embody our organization's values!
We invite you to check out our organization (www.livingwishfoundation.org) and board of hardworking, dedicated individuals who value the important mission of ensuring that everyone gets the benefit from one last wish. The Living Wish Foundation (est. 2018) is a not-for-profit, national charity that reframes hope by granting end of life wishes for patients in the region who are in their final year of life. We are looking for board members with legal expertise, fundraising & event planning experience, and a passion for making a difference in our community.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please email Lisa Wright at email@example.com.
Volunteer Tax Preparers will help people in Grey Bruce to file their taxes.
Grey Bruce Community Volunteer Income Tax Program provides volunteers in locations all across Grey and Bruce County. Volunteers will be need to be matched (and affiliated) with a local CVITP community organization.
Please find the locations for local Grey Bruce CVITP community organizations here: https://brucegrey.cioc.ca/record/GRE0364?Number=0
Volunteers may have different roles as Tax Preparers depending on their level of skill and/or interest. Volunteer tax preparer may volunteer at in-person or virtual clinics; or file individually online. In some cases, individuals can work from their homes with a Coordinator who drops off and pickups paperwork for filing.
For a detailed description of the job description go here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/cvitp-taxes-volunteers.html
Or you can speak directly with a local Grey Bruce CVITP community organization to learn more about the work. Each
- Volunteer members:
- Assist with planting at annual flower shows and flower gardens
- Maintenance of gardens in various locations
- Attending meetings
- Assist with fundraising duties to aid in beautification of the community
- Act as youth horticulture group leaders
- Assist with production of annual year book
- Help keep website up to date
Volunteer in our retail shop, deliver snacks to schools, singsong and party support at seniors centres and so much more.
Various volunteer opportunities, including ushering, bingo, set up and tear down of sets, data entry, assist with administrative duties and assisting with inventory of costumes and props. There are also opportunities to help with one time special events.