You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Make-A-Wish Canada, Make-A-Wish Toronto & Central Ontario Division
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
A wish granter will meet with the wish child and family members to help determine the child’s most heartfelt wish while brainstorming and planning special enhancements throughout the wish process. Wish granters work in teams of two alongside Make-A-Wish staff to ensure every eligible child’s wish comes true.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Partner with at least one other volunteer wish granter to help grant the wishes of children throughout the chapter’s territory.
• Visit the wish child, with the goal of discerning his/her one true wish, while gaining a clear understanding of the reason behind the child’s most heartfelt wish.
• Complete and submit wish paperwork in a timely manner according to chapter guidelines.
• Create a magical wish experience for the wish child by planning and delivering “wish enhancements” – special, creative touches that keep the child excited about the wish throughout the process.
• Solicit in-kind donations, ensuring Make-A-Wish resources are used wisely.
• Plan “send-off” party or “presentation” party for each wish, as appropriate.
• Develop a positive rapport with the wish child and family by serving as a liaison between chapter staff and the wish family, ensuring the family is updated on the status of the wish throughout the wish process.
• Act as a reliable, communicative and productive member of the “wish team” by working closely with a volunteer partner and Make-A-Wish staff to create the best possible wish experience for the child.
• Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.