You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Event Coordination & Support
There are 11 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
Volunteers are always needed to help with our current sports being offered: soccer, bowling, track & field, figure skating, swimming, t-ball, softball, floor hockey and golf. Please contact for information.
Variety of Duties Depending on Strengths and Interests of Volunteer. Pre-event tasks may include:
- Answering Phones
- Updating Spreadsheets
- Soliciting and collecting donations and sponsorships from Ramara / Orillia area
Event-day tasks may include:
- Checking in guests
- Distributing water
- Taking in Feedback
- Organizing Guests
- Distributing Gift Bags
Volunteers needed to help with special events, duties include
- Set up and take downs for events including barriers/ gates/ posters/ signs
- help with registration, security
- assisting with Perch Fest, Boat Festival, Santa Clause Parade, Folk festival and Canada Day
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people who have an developmental disability
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Participating in fundraising at Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Assisting with fundraising events like our annual Fashion Show and Golf Tournament
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Two sites: Camphill Nottawasaga, near Angus and Camphill Sophia Creek in Barrie.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
Camphill Nottawasaga (Angus)
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows horses and goats)
Both locations need volunteers to help with set-up, cash management and take-down at our Farmers Markets
* Assist in promoting the programs and services of the Society to the attendees of the Health Fair.
* Provide basic information about Alzheimer's disease.
* Direct people to appropriate community support services.
* Pick up display and brochures at the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Set up the display as per the Procedures listed in the Health Fair Resource Manual.
* Answer general questions and distribute information about the programs and services of the Society.
* Refer individuals to appropriate community support services.
* Take down the display, pack up the brochures and return the display and brochures to the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Complete the Evaluation Form located in the Health Fair Resource Manual
The Gilbert Centre's volunteer program is on hold due to COVID-19 until further notice. Volunteers assist with:
- Special events (World AIDS Day, Fundraisers, Annual campaigns)
- Harm Reduction
- Board of Directors
Various Volunteer opportunities to include events, garden, pottery, fairs,cafe, mosaic studio
various land work and vegetable gardening.
Police records check and a reference will be required.
Special Events Volunteers ensure the effective implementation of Special Events Initiatives within the area. Duties include: promoting events, liaising with all community partners, recruit new groups and organizations to carry out activities, locating sponsors, etc.