You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Office Administration
There are 10 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that UWSM community investment goals and priority areas are taken into consideration in all grant- making processes
2. Review application forms and documents’; prepare additional interview questions (if required) to ensure applications meet criteria including:
• Agency capacity to deliver the program
• Program alignment to agency’s mission
• Evidence and need for the program
• Adaptability and client centered
• Alignment to focus area and investment priorities
• Target population and clients serviced
• Impact of the program on clients
• Intended outcomes of the program
3. Conduct Interviews where warranted as part of the application review process with support from UWSM staff.
4. Complete review, assessments and scoring of applications.
5. As a council, form recommendations to the UWSM Community Investment & Engagement Steering Committee on which funding allocations will create a strong network of supports exhibiting diversity in geography, populations served and range of programs/interventions or services. All recommendations are then presented to the United Way Board of Directors for final approval.
6. To provide a safe and confidential environment for sharing information.
7. Ensure a fair, transparent, equitable funds allocation process.
8. Support United Way in our growth and development
9. Provide feedback and recommendations to UWSM on capacity building, advocacy and collaboration
10. Review Annual Reports from funded agencies to inform United Way of accomplishments and gather data on clients impacted by the program, ensure agency accountability and understand circumstances that may influence program impact, making recommendations for support if needed.
Volunteers needed for fundraising and organizing and assisting with special events.
Students ages 16 and up welcome to volunteer for community service credits. Call for further information.
- Assist in office with general reception duties such as:
- Greeting and welcome clients
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing
Volunteers needed to help with special events, duties include
- Set up and take downs for events including barriers/ gates/ posters/ signs
- help with registration, security
- assisting with Perch Fest, Boat Festival, Santa Clause Parade, Folk festival and Canada Day
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people who have an developmental disability
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Participating in fundraising at Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Assisting with fundraising events like our annual Fashion Show and Golf Tournament
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Volunteer duties vary depending on the placement and will be discussed prior to an interview
* Assist in promoting the programs and services of the Society to the attendees of the Health Fair.
* Provide basic information about Alzheimer's disease.
* Direct people to appropriate community support services.
* Pick up display and brochures at the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Set up the display as per the Procedures listed in the Health Fair Resource Manual.
* Answer general questions and distribute information about the programs and services of the Society.
* Refer individuals to appropriate community support services.
* Take down the display, pack up the brochures and return the display and brochures to the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Complete the Evaluation Form located in the Health Fair Resource Manual
Various Volunteer opportunities to include events, garden, pottery, fairs,cafe, mosaic studio
various land work and vegetable gardening.
Police records check and a reference will be required.
Special Events Volunteers ensure the effective implementation of Special Events Initiatives within the area. Duties include: promoting events, liaising with all community partners, recruit new groups and organizations to carry out activities, locating sponsors, etc.