You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Volunteer from Home / Virtual
There are 12 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that UWSM community investment goals and priority areas are taken into consideration in all grant- making processes
2. Review application forms and documents’; prepare additional interview questions (if required) to ensure applications meet criteria including:
• Agency capacity to deliver the program
• Program alignment to agency’s mission
• Evidence and need for the program
• Adaptability and client centered
• Alignment to focus area and investment priorities
• Target population and clients serviced
• Impact of the program on clients
• Intended outcomes of the program
3. Conduct Interviews where warranted as part of the application review process with support from UWSM staff.
4. Complete review, assessments and scoring of applications.
5. As a council, form recommendations to the UWSM Community Investment & Engagement Steering Committee on which funding allocations will create a strong network of supports exhibiting diversity in geography, populations served and range of programs/interventions or services. All recommendations are then presented to the United Way Board of Directors for final approval.
6. To provide a safe and confidential environment for sharing information.
7. Ensure a fair, transparent, equitable funds allocation process.
8. Support United Way in our growth and development
9. Provide feedback and recommendations to UWSM on capacity building, advocacy and collaboration
10. Review Annual Reports from funded agencies to inform United Way of accomplishments and gather data on clients impacted by the program, ensure agency accountability and understand circumstances that may influence program impact, making recommendations for support if needed.
This is a remote volunteer position supporting the Guelph-Wellington Community. All shifts and training are completed remotely, therefore, residence in Guelph-Wellington is not a requirement for this position.
Compass is recruiting skilled and compassionate volunteers to join our Telephone Support Team (TSP). Volunteers involved in the TSP will assume the responsibility of providing outbound calls to clients, with the goal of providing emotional support to members of the Guelph-Wellington Community. TSP Volunteers will start in the program by completing social calls, safety/wellness checks, and/or providing medication reminders to isolated and distressed individuals before having the option to gain additional training and supporting our Distress Lines.
Callers on the Distress Line may be in a state of crisis, experiencing suicidal ideation, or have intentions of harming themselves or another individual. They may also be seeking external resources and referrals to agencies or are looking for a safe space to disclose personal struggles. Volunteers will use their discretion to identify how each client should be supported and will have access to staff supervision should any questions or concerns arise.
The Telephone Support team strives to meet the diverse needs of each client allowing opportunities to engage in conversations surrounding daily plans, storytelling, and exploring action plans to prepare for crisis intervention. Each call is made using a strengths-based and solution-focused approach with the common objective of assisting with goal planning, increasing the client’s ability to cope with unique situations, and referrals to community resources.
• Complete inbound and outbound calls with service users
• Complete safety/wellness checks, provide medication reminders, and engage in social conversations with a diverse group of people
• Assist with crisis intervention, when presented
• Engage in conversations with members of the LGBTQ+ community through the texting support line
• Utilize a strengths-based, solution-focused approach
• Provide external resources and referrals to service users
• Complete case documentation of all interactions with service users
Pregnancy and Infant Loss (PAIL) Network provides bereavement support at no cost to families who have experienced the loss of a pregnancy at any stage, or the death of their baby, up to 12 months of age. We currently have volunteer opportunities for people who are approximately two years past their bereavement date and are looking for meaningful ways to offer their support to others. We are actively training peer supporters for private online bereavement support groups and one-to-one phone support.
In partnership with, Crisis Text Line, Kids Help Phone will launch the first ever 24/7, free, nationwide texting service.
We are now recruiting Bilingual Crisis Responders who will answer texts from young people looking for support in both English AND French. The volunteer position will be remote, meaning that you can participate from anywhere in Canada as long you have a strong, reliable internet connection!
Our volunteers need to be enthusiastic about helping people! You can be a professional, student, teacher, retiree, or anybody else with an internet connection and a willingness to learn how to support people over text.
The role of a Crisis Responder is to bring texters from a “hot” moment to a cool calm, and to help them come up with a plan to stay healthy and safe. Crisis Responders are trained to do this using active listening and collaborative problem-solving.
- Facilitate the English Conversation Circle once a week
- Teach English to a group of Newcomers
- Help clients integrate to the community
The Gilbert Centre's volunteer program is on hold due to COVID-19 until further notice. Volunteers assist with:
- Special events (World AIDS Day, Fundraisers, Annual campaigns)
- Harm Reduction
- Board of Directors
For high school students who want to get involved helping raise childhood cancer awareness and/or funds in their schools and communities.
If you are a high school student looking to give back to your community and get volunteer hours, we need you for our OPACC Golden Hearts Youth Council!
- Get community service volunteer hours from OPACC and OPACC partner organizations
- Be notified of new volunteer opportunities in your community
- OPACC can promote your fundraiser, project, campaign through our network
- Looks great on your resume for work or school/scholarships
- References for work/school
- Give back to the childhood cancer community and help other kids in a meaningful way
- Special thank-you perks for our youth volunteers
- Option to become an OPACC Board Member at age 18 to continue your involvement more formally
Examples of how you can help:
- At community events
- With OPACC programs (i.e. Comfy Cases, Million Dollar Smiles, Courage Capes sewing events, Parent Liaisons in hospitals, etc.)
- Running a childhood cancer awareness campaign at your school and/or in your community, especially in September (Childhood Cancer Awareness Month). Some ideas include: organizing a Flag Raising or Proclamation at City Hall; doing a yellow shirt day at school; or doing morning announcements in September about childhood cancer facts
- Doing fundraisers like organizing a Kaps4Kids event at school; selling foods or crafts at school with funds going to OPACC; putting together a fun walk; or doing a third-party fundraiser to benefit OPACC
- Creating cards (i.e. Valentines or Christmas cards) or organizing a gift drive to distribute to kids in hospitals
- Do chalk drawings with inspiring and/or awareness messages outside of a children's hospital or other local community centre
- Doing a social media campaign to raise awareness about OPACC and childhood cancer like making a TikTok video, Instagram post, etc. (subject to approval)
Opportunities are available throughout Ontario. There are many ways to help out independently, with friends, teammates, and with classmates through a school club or initiative! Time is flexible depending on what you want to do (self-directed projects), we also try to do monthly virtual drop-in meetings on Zoom to answer questions, brainstorm ideas, and support each other.
Volunteers will be responsable for meeting with a clients weekly or bi-weekly to add enrichment to peoples lives. Clients are blind or have vision loss to some degree, which often requires adpaments to life. Volunteers are required to socialse with them and add normal contact back in their lives after the effects of the pandemic. They can go for walks, visit community gardens, really anything the pair would enjoy. The requirement are up to the two people who are paired.
Join our incredible team of volunteers and help Glowing Hearts Charity disrupt the cycle of poverty by empowering children and youth to realize their full potential. Please fill out the form on the volunteer page on our website.
Job Type: Volunteer
Job Title: Volunteer Digital Content Producer
Journey to Diversity Workplaces is both an experiment and a project. Haven't you ever wished you could work somewhere better? Somewhere where they went out of their way to not only appreciate you, but treat you right, and pay you fairly? We want a different kind of workplace where diversity is championed and so is the worker.
At J2DW, our employees are our members. Period!
Respecting differences ethically, morally, and legally.
As a Volunteer Digital Content Producer, your role will be to oversee and coordinate the content submitted by other volunteers for our organization's website blog. You will work closely with a team of volunteers, ensuring that the content meets our standards and effectively communicates our message to the audience. This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for coordinating and curating engaging digital content.
Content Coordination: Collaborate with volunteers to collect, review, and curate content submissions for the website blog. Ensure that the content aligns with our organization's goals, values, and Canadian English language standards.
Quality Control: Conduct thorough content reviews to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to our style guide and editorial guidelines. Provide constructive feedback and guidance to volunteers to enhance the quality of their submissions.
Editing and Proofreading: Edit and proofread content submissions for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and overall readability. Ensure that the content is error-free and maintains a consistent tone and voice.
Content Scheduling: Create and maintain an editorial calendar to organize and schedule the publication of blog posts. Coordinate with volunteers to establish deadlines and ensure a steady flow of content.
Collaboration and Communication: Maintain effective communication with volunteers, providing them with timely feedback and guidance. Collaborate with other team members, such as designers and social media coordinators, to align content publication and promotion.
SEO Optimization: Optimize content for search engine visibility by incorporating relevant keywords and metadata. Familiarize yourself with SEO best practices to maximize the impact and reach of the blog posts.
Performance Tracking: Monitor the performance of published blog posts using analytics tools. Analyze engagement metrics and user feedback to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Canadian English.
Strong attention to detail, grammar, and punctuation.
Familiarity with WordPress.
Basic knowledge of SEO principles and best practices.
Ability to provide constructive feedback and guidance to volunteers.
Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a volunteer team environment.
Prior experience in content coordination, editing, or a related field is desirable but not required.
Please note that this is a volunteer position, and compensation will be in the form of valuable experience, skill development, and the satisfaction of contributing to a meaningful cause.
If you are passionate about coordinating and curating digital content, ensuring quality and consistency, and making a positive impact through your work, we invite you to join our team as a Volunteer Digital Content Producer.
Apply in confidence with your LinkedIn URL or other online resume URL at https://j2dw.co/3rLQreD
If you require accommodations for the application process, please email us! https://j2dw.co/3Q6t3CI