You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Arts & Crafts
There are 22 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Thousands of people flock to the Wye Marsh every year for our Sweetwater Festival to enjoy the first harvest of the year.
Everyone has the chance to walk the trails, see different sap collecting systems, visit a modern day working sugar shack, taste fresh roasted bannock, and welcome the sights and sounds of spring.
- As a Sweetwater Volunteer you may help with:
- Selling tickets
- Creating take-home craft kits
- Sharing our natural history onsite with visitors
Exhibition / Event set up: There’s a lot to learn about hanging an exhibition and the curatorial practices in a professional gallery, which you could learn by assisting our director and the team as they carefully change exhibitions. These happen all year round so get in touch if you’d like to have valuable insight into what goes on behind-the-scenes! You can also help set-up displays for one of our varied fundraisers, which also involves teamwork and an attention to detail. You might also be asked to lift or carry items, depending on the event.
Reception and Greeting: An integral part of events at Quest is the welcoming face our visitors see when they first arrive. If you feel you are a friendly, welcoming person then you could assist us by greeting visitors, taking down their information or assisting with ticketing. This role requires someone well-presented and able to multi-task.
Office / Administrative Support: There’s a lot that goes on behind-the-scenes to organize exhibitions and fundraisers! We are always seeking volunteers to help in the offices at Quest. If you are adept at multi-tasking, are comfortable making phone calls and have an eye for detail then this may be the perfect role!
Workshop / Educational Support: There are many different workshops held at Quest Art School + Gallery, and off-site, to a wide variety of students. We offer classes to children, youth and adults of all skill levels. If you are curious, patient and eager to lend a hand, then you might be perfect assisting one of our instructors as they lead a workshop.
Off-Site Events: Quest Art, as a charitable organization, is often invited to a wide range of events in the Midland-Penetang’, and sometimes wider, region. These vary by season and year, so depending on where you can get to, you could assist at one of these events. Please let us know your preferences as this would be a real asset to us at Quest when seeking location specific volunteers!
As a Volunteer, you would attend monthly meetings, help out with special events, and may take on responsibilities for specific duties - ie. advertising, concession stand, etc.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Assists activity coordinator with different activities such as:
- Special events
- Friendly visiting
- Other duties around residence
- Assisting with client:
- Social events
- Planning crafts
- Serving refreshments
- Tidy up after events
Teen Mentors commit to spending consistent weekly time with a child (mentee) being a friend, role model, and confident. Teen mentors meet one-to-one with an assigned mentee and participate in games, activities, crafts, conversation, and goal setting. Teen mentors listen to their mentees, provide support and guidance, help them to build communication and social skills, and develop a friendship based on trust, respect and fun. This is a partnership with BGC North Simcoe.
- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
The goal is to be flexible and assist someone on this journey with whatever they might require. It could be physical, but usually it is emotional support and advocacy. Once the match has been made, the client and the volunteer set a time schedule that is good for both. Visiting volunteers provide support to our clients in the comfort of the clients home home, where ever home may be; their house, long term care facility or hospital.
- The Museum Volunteers Will Report To The Museum Operations Coordinator And Will Support With:
- Exhibition Installation
- Visitor Experiences/Gallery Greeter
- Special Events
- Studio Assistant
- Provide companionship
- Assisting in the Culinary Department.
* assist with client based activities such as arts and crafts, meal times
* assist with special events and programs
* Café assistance serving food, clearing tables etc.
* physical maintenance of the residence and landscape
- Help with the set up and clean up of the projects each week.
- Assist Art Therapist to ensure activity participation and socialization of each participant
- Under direction of the Art Therapist/Family Support Coordinator, provide one-to-one support to the participants during the creative art process.
- Assist with any other tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- At the end of the Program (June) complete an evaluation form about the volunteer role in the Quest Art School + Gallery Program.
Help Senior Wish expand into Simcoe County to ensure that no senior is left isolated, alone and feeling like society has forgotten them. Help is especially needed to prepare for our Christmas Wish program starting in Sept.
Various volunteer opportunities, including ushering, bingo, set up and tear down of sets, data entry, assist with administrative duties and assisting with inventory of costumes and props. There are also opportunities to help with one time special events.