You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Event Coordination & Support
There are 19 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
That would involve getting in touch with relevant corporations to get sponsorships (energy drinks, supplement stores, local businesses) This will be a ticketed event, so selling tickets to organization and clients.
As a Volunteer, you would attend monthly meetings, help out with special events, and may take on responsibilities for specific duties - ie. advertising, concession stand, etc.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
Volunteers are always needed to help with our current sports being offered: soccer, bowling, track & field, figure skating, swimming, t-ball, softball, floor hockey and golf. Please contact for information.
Variety of Duties Depending on Strengths and Interests of Volunteer. Pre-event tasks may include:
- Answering Phones
- Updating Spreadsheets
- Soliciting and collecting donations and sponsorships from Ramara / Orillia area
Event-day tasks may include:
- Checking in guests
- Distributing water
- Taking in Feedback
- Organizing Guests
- Distributing Gift Bags
Become a member of our volunteer team interested in supporting the vision and mission of Dress for Success. Make a difference and ensure that there is both awareness and funds available to helping disadvantage women return to work.
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people who have an developmental disability
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Participating in fundraising at Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Assisting with fundraising events like our annual Fashion Show and Golf Tournament
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
* Assist in promoting the programs and services of the Society to the attendees of the Health Fair.
* Provide basic information about Alzheimer's disease.
* Direct people to appropriate community support services.
* Pick up display and brochures at the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Set up the display as per the Procedures listed in the Health Fair Resource Manual.
* Answer general questions and distribute information about the programs and services of the Society.
* Refer individuals to appropriate community support services.
* Take down the display, pack up the brochures and return the display and brochures to the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Complete the Evaluation Form located in the Health Fair Resource Manual
Great opportunities abound and we need your help to continue, and expand our work to provide amazing places for young people to grow and flourish. BGC North Simcoe is a registered non-profit agency with a mission to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Board members will attend meetings and take part in the business conducted by the Board of Directors for BGC North Simcoe.
The Gilbert Centre's volunteer program is on hold due to COVID-19 until further notice. Volunteers assist with:
- Special events (World AIDS Day, Fundraisers, Annual campaigns)
- Harm Reduction
- Board of Directors
- Welcome donors to hospitality area of clinic
- offer refreshments
- give information and updates to donors
- answer questions, thank donors and give milestone donor recognition items
- observe donors and watch for adverse reactions
- keep hospitality area in good order
Special Events Volunteers ensure the effective implementation of Special Events Initiatives within the area. Duties include: promoting events, liaising with all community partners, recruit new groups and organizations to carry out activities, locating sponsors, etc.
* taking tickets,
* distributing programs
* responding to questions in reference to what is playing, history of orchestra
* be available from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on day of Concert
* helping with beverages at break time
* cleaning and or setting up for the concert
* re directing people to the appropriate doors for ticket purchases
* amongst other duties as assigned by the volunteer coordinator