Duties include supporting two separate locations with:
- Food bank operations
- Thrift store operations
- Loading and unloading of inventory
- Pick up prepared hot meals
- Deliver the designated meal to client’s homes on a pre-determined schedule
- Provide professional customer service when delivering meals
- The program focuses on core themes including:
- Body image
- Balanced eating/activities
- Physical activity
- Building healthy relationships
- Coffee Kiosk and Gift Shop, duties include:
- Preparation of coffee & tea
- Cash handling
- Providing friendly and efficient service to our patients, physicians, staff, volunteers and visitors
- Cook, bake, gardening
- Activities with residence
- Supporting with activities of daily living
We are always looking for ambitious, compassionate, committed volunteers to join our team. There are a variety of positions available to fit your talents, gifts and experience.
- Available positions:
- Kitchen Assistant
- Drivers needed to pick-up food donations
- Provide companionship
- Assisting in the Culinary Department.
We are looking for an Admin Coordinator to:
Assist with downloading online orders from website and compiling order list on the first Thursday of the month
Assist with emailing box contents list to participants
Assist with emailing reminders to participants before pick-up day
Report to the Barrie Good Food Box Coordinator and work with the Pack Day Leader to ensure a smooth pack day each month
The Pack Day Leader assists the Barrie Good Food Box Coordinator at the Barrie Free Methodist Church on the second Wednesday of every month.
Arrive at the church at 9 am on the second Wednesday of every month
Assit with greeting volunteers and directing them to set up the pack stations
Assit with overseeing the unloading of the truck when it arrives
Assit with overseeing the packing of the food
Help maintain enthusiasm among volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to assist with "pack day" on the second Wednesday of the month between 9 am-6 pm at the Barrie Free Methodist Church (284 Cundles Rd E).
Volunteers unload the food from the truck, pack the boxes, greet people and give boxes to participants when they arrive to pick up, and general cleanup duties.
We are also looking for volunteer drivers to deliver food to schools and "pay-it-forward" recipients.
Help to deliver meals to residents in your community for the meals on wheels program.
* assist with client based activities such as arts and crafts, meal times
* assist with special events and programs
* Café assistance serving food, clearing tables etc.
* physical maintenance of the residence and landscape
Make a difference in the lives of our patients. Whether you want to volunteer directly with patients or support their care at RVH, we have an opportunity that is right for you.
To explore the opportunities available to volunteer in at RVH, visit this link: https://www.rvh.on.ca/careers/volunteering/volunteer-opportunities/
To fill out an application, click this link and select 'Apply to Be a Volunteer Now'. If you are a student looking to join our summer program, please select 'Join Our Summer Program'.