You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Recreation & Sports
There are 22 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
A year round environmental educational centre which is accessible to all.
- Help visitors with rentals of cross country skis and snowshoes
- Greet Visitors
- Take sizes or measurements, and retrieve the appropriate equipment
- While not highly physically demanding, some physical activity and ability is required for this position
That would involve getting in touch with relevant corporations to get sponsorships (energy drinks, supplement stores, local businesses) This will be a ticketed event, so selling tickets to organization and clients.
We need someone to look after Twitter, YouTube, IG, FB, accounts - post and report content.
Attend tournaments/practices to get the content for Social Media accounts (all the expenses would be paid for)
Interviews with athletes around the world over podcast/video and posting on social media
Volunteers will lead a gentle functional fitness program designed for community members aged 55+.
- The purpose of the program is to:
- Increase and maintain strength, coordination, balance and flexibility
- Improve health and energy
- Improve mobility and independence
- Prevent falls and decrease falls risk
- Meet new people and socialize
- Assists activity coordinator with different activities such as:
- Special events
- Friendly visiting
- Other duties around residence
- Assisting with client:
- Social events
- Planning crafts
- Serving refreshments
- Tidy up after events
- Assist in running programs
- Help with planning programs
- Sart new programs if required
- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
Volunteers are always needed to help with our current sports being offered: soccer, bowling, track & field, figure skating, swimming, t-ball, softball, floor hockey and golf. Please contact for information.
Other volunteer positions include administrative roles on community councils (fundraising, secretary, public relations, etc.).
- Provide companionship
- Assisting in the Culinary Department.
Volunteer opportunities for individuals interested in assisiting with recreation programs, outings, friendly visiting, computer programs, reading programs and special events.
Volunteer as a camp counselor at one of our two sleepover sites in Waterford (Rainbow Lake) or Rosseau (Muskoka) or day camp in Toronto or Ottawa.
Volunteers act as coaches in weekly sport training sessions, working with athletes with an intellectual disability in a variety of sports. Other positions include administrative roles on community council (fundraising, secretary, public relations, etc.). If we host competitions, day-of event volunteers are also required. SOO-Barrie offers 14 Olympic-type sports.
- Help our youth foster a lifelong love for the game
- Recreational and competitive opportunities available
All ages and experience levels welcomed. Main activities:
- Walking, lots of walking in indoor 60'x120' (20x40m) arena or outdoor (30 x 70m) or wooded trails...up to 2kms/hour
- Grooming and getting horses ready, we will train on this
- Leading or walking with a horse with rider onboard, we will train for this
- Working with riders on the autism spectrum or with a physical disability
- Mostly early evening hours; some daytime hours may be available
- 2 hour commitment