Huron County Library. Goderich Branch
|Description||Provides residents/taxpayers with: |
*library materials, information and related programs and services
* reference service
* comprehensive information provided to the public upon request
* Internet access and computer workstations
* wireless (wi-fi) Internet
* micro-film reader and printer
* slide projector
* children's services
* circulation of a wide variety of reading materials
* audio and video cassettes and compact discs
* DVDs, Blu-ray
* materials for sight impaired persons, such as large print and talking books, DAISY readers and DAISY discs
* interlibrary loans
* local history and genealogical materials
* has an Internet Access Assistant (YI @ CAS) for computer training
* meeting room available during library hours
* collection also includes family literacy kits
* free passes for the Huron County Museum
|Hours||Mon-Fri 10 am-8 pm * Sat 10 am-5 pm * Sun 1-5pm (Sept-May)|
|Areas Served||Huron County|
|Eligibility||Library cards are free to all residents of Huron County. A resident is defined as someone who rents or owns property in Huron County.|
|Application||New members can apply for a library card at any branch of the Huron County Library |
Must have identification with current address
The Huron County Library has reciprocal borrowing privileges with Bruce County, Middlesex County, Wellington County, Lambton County Libraries, the Perth County Information Network (PCIN: excluding St. Marys and Perth South), North Perth County and Waterloo Regional Library. To obtain a membership in the neighbouring library system, the applicant must hold a valid library card from the municipality in which s/he resides.
Perth South is a contract municipality with Huron County Library. Perth South has no library, but pays for its residents to have borrowing privileges from the Huron County Library.
|Fees||Library cards are free to all residents of Huron County. |
An annual non-resident membership fee of $70.00 per household is charged to outside user areas.
Replacement cards are issued at the cost of $2.00. Damaged or worn-out cards are replaced free of charge.
Loan Periods and Fines
Most materials may be borrowed for three weeks, and may be renewed two times. Videos and DVDs may be borrowed for one week and may be renewed two times. Fines (or extended use fees) are 20 cents per item per day for most materials. Fines for videos are $1.00 per item per day.
|Address and Location|
|Address & Map|
52 Montreal St
Goderich, ON N7A 2G4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Montreal St and Lighthouse St|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Huron-County-Library/140245532675990|