|Record #: CWD0845||Last Modified: 22 Jan 2018||Last Full Update: 22 Jan 2018|
|Description (Service)||Free clinic for individuals unable to complete their income tax and benefit return themselves and are unable to pay for assistance, the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) may be able to assist.
By appointment at three library branches: Cookstown, Lakeshore and Stroud.
* Lakeshore: Mar 1st, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 29th and Apr 11th from 6 pm- 9 pm
* Cookstown: Sat Apr 7th from 11 am-2 pm
* Stroud: Thu Apr 5th, 12th and 19th from 6 pm-9 pm
|Eligibility||These suggested maximum income levels should serve as a guideline only.
Single Up to $30,000
Couple Up to 40,000
Local community organizations have the flexibility to adjust or set additional eligibility criteria for taxpayers based on the local economic environment, the population they serve, and their own capacity.
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for complex situations such as:
* returns for deceased persons;
* individuals who file for bankruptcy;
* self-employed individuals;
* individuals who report capital gains or losses; or
* individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses.
Eligible taxpayers normally served by the CVITP include:
* Low-income individuals and social assistance recipients;
* Newcomers to Canada;
* Seniors; and
|Application||Call for appointment|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Cookstown: 20 Church Street, Cookstown * Lakeshore: 967 Innisfil Beach Road, Innisfil * Stroud: 7883 Yonge Street, Innisfil|
|Located In Community||Innisfil|
|Address & Map||
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|