Georgian Good Food Box (The)
Site: South Georgian Bay
|Record #: CWD4849||Last Modified: 04 Aug 2020||Last Full Update: 07 Jul 2020|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 Response Program will resume for August 2020 with changes to ordering and pickup due to COVID-19 * Please see website or Facebook page for complete details.
Provides monthly box of assorted of fresh fruits and vegetables available to anyone in the community * Bulk-ordering of fresh, high-quality produce, locally grown where possible, offers sizable savings
Each box contains a monthly newsletter with health and dietary information along with produce information and recipes to prepare meals from the box
Sponsoring Individuals wanting to donate funds to purchase a Good Food Box for another individual can do so by stating the individual or the agency they wish to receive the box * The Georgian Good Food Box accepts donations to help support program infrastructure and help cover administrative costs * For information about being sponsored for a box or sponsoring another, call for further details
|Public Comments||Georgian Good Food Box now accepts orders online through Paypal * $1 Processing fee charge applies|
|Hours||Hours of operation for ordering and pickup vary by location * Please call or check website for information|
|Areas Served||Blue Mountains ; Clearview (Simcoe County) ; Collingwood ; Wasaga Beach|
Must be placed and prepaid by the first Wednesday of the month (can prepay for one month in advance) by Paypal (see GGFB website) or at any one of the following locations:
* Collingwood Public Library, main desk, 55 Ste Marie St. Check library website for hours. Exact change and completed envelope required. Library staff cannot provide envelope, pen or change.
* Wasaga Beach Public Library - 120 Glenwood Avenue Check library website for hours. Exact change and completed envelope required. Library staff cannot provide envelope, pen or change.
* Clearview Public Library -Stayner Branch, 269 Regina St. Check library website for hours. Exact change and completed envelope required. Library staff cannot provide envelope, pen or change.
* Clearview Public Library - Creemore Branch, 165 Library St. Check library website for hours. Exact change and completed envelope required. Library staff cannot provide envelope, pen or change.
* Clearview Public Library - New Lowell Branch, 5237 County Rd 9. Check library website for hours. Exact change and completed envelope required. Library staff cannot provide envelope, pen or change.
Good Food boxes must be picked up on the third Wednesday of the month
Pick up locations
Collingwood Legion, 490 Ontario Street (south parking lot door off Erie St) from 11:30 am-2 pm or 72 Raglan St after 2 p.m.
St Patrick's Church Hall parking lot 11 am-12:30 pm
Clearview Public Library -Stayner Branch. Check library hours
Clearview Public Library - Creemore Branch. Check library hours
* New Lowell:
Clearview Public Library - New Lowell Branch. Check library hours
* Wasaga Beach:
Lions Den RecPlex Hall, 1724 Mosley St, Front doors (no indoor access) from 10:30 am-12:30 pm
|Fees||Service - $18/ box, $1 processing fee charged for online orders ; Cash only at order locations * Paypal payment accepted online (processing charge applies)|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Collingwood|
|Address & Map||
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - at pack and pick up locations|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/GeorgianGoodFoodBox|
|Primary Contact||Mark Redmond, Program Coordinator; Phone: (Residence) 705-444-9860; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Ted Van den Hurk, Volunteer Coordinator (Stayner); Phone: (Residence) 705-428-5537; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Joan Leonard, Volunteer Coordinator (Collingwood); Phone: (Residence) 705-445-9660|
|Primary Executive||Loretta Stabile, Volunteer Coordinator (Wasaga Beach); Phone: 705-352-3555|
|Mailing Address||421 Minnesota St
Collingwood, ON L9Y 3S6