Muskoka Seniors Home Assistance
|Record #: MUS0322||Last Modified: 07 Dec 2017||Last Full Update: 28 Aug 2017|
|Description (Service)||Supports for older adults age 60 and up * helps people remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible * referral to other community services
* provides social contact with client to develop a caring relationship
* maintain an ongoing telephone link for security and social contact
Luncheons held in the following communities: Call for schedule
* Baysville bi-weekly
* Dorset once a month
* Huntsville weekly on Tuesdays
cost for luncheon $10 * transportation is provided, if requested in advance.
Frozen Meal Program:
* Individual entrees are $6.25 and an individual dessert or soup is $1.60 * free delivery in Huntsville on Mondays. Arrangements can be made to pick up meals at the office Monday through Friday, by calling ahead. Special diets for home dialysis patients, diabetics, and renal, lactose, celiac, gluten free restrictions, purees, etc. are available on request.
* helps seniors with no means of transport, who have medical appointments, shopping, social functions etc. There is a $10 round trip charge within Huntsville, longer distances can be arranged at $.45/Km. Will travel as far as Toronto, North Bay, Sudbury.
Medical Appointments - Out of Area:
provide transportation for seniors 65 and over, living in Muskoka, to medical appointments, hospital procedures, rehabilitation, and alternative therapies outside Muskoka for a flat fee ($70 plus parking).
Home at Last(HAL):
* free service providing patient transition from hospital to home. Muskoka Seniors provides reliable and comfortable transportation and VON provides a HAL attendant who will go home with the patient and stay until they are settled. HAL attendants may also pick up groceries, prescriptions, medical supplies or equipment if required, perform cleaning, laundry, meal preparation and assist with personal care upon arrival at the patient's home. Call VON at 1-800-565-4145 ext 223.
Free income tax preparation:
* through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program for clients on a fixed income. There is an eligibility criteria for this program. For more details see MUS2090
|Public Comments||Muskoka is no longer considered to be in Northern Ontario, therefore northern travel grants are not available for clients travelling to medical appointments outside the area.|
|Hours||Office: Mon-Fri 9 am-1 pm, 2 pm-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Baysville ; Dorset ; Dwight ; Huntsville ; Lake of Bays Township ; Port Sydney ; Utterson|
|Boundaries||Northern Muskoka - Novar (north) to Utterson-Port Sydney (south) * Dorset-Baysville (east) to Aspdin (west)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 60 year(s) and up
Adults; Seniors; 60yrs and up; 65yrs+ aging at home qualify for the Van
|Application||Application needed to determine eligibility|
|Languages||English ; French ; French - arrangements can be made if necessary|
|Fees||Varies by program|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Next to Chiropractic Clinic building right next to the mall|
|Located In Community||Huntsville|
|Address & Map||
76 King William St, Unit 2
Huntsville, ON P1H 1E4
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Ground level with ramp ; Will meet clients on the main floor|
|Office Phone||705-789-6676 * Transportation Program bookings: ext 23|
|After Hours Phone||Answering machine|
|Primary Contact||Donna Nairn, Program Director; Phone: ext 25; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Angela Barager, Program Coordinator; Phone: ext 27; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|