|Record #: PSD0605||Last Modified: 24 Jul 2020||Last Full Update: 25 Oct 2019|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 Response During the COVID-19 Pandemic, the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board has closed its offices in Parry Sound and South River to the public until further notice.
Individuals seeking service are advised to call either the Parry Sound office (705-746-7777 or 1-800-461-4464) or the South River office (705-386-2358 or 1-800-661-3230). In-office visits are restricted to emergencies only.
Those in need of emergency child care services should check the PSDSSAB website for more information.
Regarding utility assistance
As of August 4, 2020, the ban on disconnection for non-payment for natural gas and electricity has ended. Customer who were behind in payments prior to March should expect collection activities and disconnection notices in the following weeks.
Utilities must let a customer know their account is overdue at least seven days prior to issuing a disconnection notice.
Assistance with utility arrears is available through the usual programs (see below)
In addition there is a special program available to those whose income has been affected by the pandemic.
COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP): for customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
* Available to consumers who have fallen behind by at least two billing cycles, but whose accounts were in good standing when provincial emergency was declared (Mar 17, 2020)
* Available for those unemployed on the date they apply for funding, and have received Employment Insurance or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit since March 17, 2020
* Provides electricity customers with up to $230 in support if they primarily use electricity for heating, or if they use energy-intensive medical devices, and up to $115 otherwise
* Provides natural gas customers with up to $160 if they reside in Northern Ontario, and up to $80 if they reside elsewhere
* Those who have received support from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) or the Ontario Electricity Support Program in the recent past are ineligible
Applications will be available through the utility providers’ websites and will be accepted by email, mail, on-line application or by phone as of July 13, 2020.
Customers will be credited on their utility account.
For complete details and eligibility, contact your utility provider.
The District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board is responsible for the following services:
* subsidized child care
* licensed child care centres
* home child care program
* EarlyON Child and Family Centres
* Integration Support Services for children with special needs
* HIGH FIVE/Summer Recreation Programs
Housing and Community Services
* Social Housing Program including rent geared to income units and rent supplement program
* Community Homelessness Prevention Inititiave (CHPI) to assist community members at risk of homelessness including financial assistance for hydro and rental arrears
* Esprit Place Family Resource Centre and Women's Shelter
Income support Services
* Ontario Works intake by phone or in person at the South or Parry Sound office locations
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Parry Sound District|
|Eligibility||Varies by program|
|Application||Call for information|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Parry Sound|
|Address & Map||
1 Beechwood Dr
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Church St and Beechwood Dr|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Primary Contact||Jennifer Harris, Admistrative Assistant to CAO; Phone: ext 5290; Email: email@example.com|