Puppy Foster Volunteer
(COPE Service Dogs)
|Contact||Peggy Lee, Program Director, COPE Service Dogs; Phone: 705-734-COPE (2673) ext 223; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Purpose of the Position: Join the team to change the lives of people with disabilities and youth who are experiencing challenges by providing a loving home and obedience training to a Service Dog-in-training during its puppyhood. |
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Care for the dog’s needs according to guidelines from COPE.
- Provide consistent structure, rules and boundaries to the dog according to training from COPE.
- Provide obedience training and socialization to the dog.
- Transport the dog to and from its training programs: Canines in the Classroom (Innisfil) & Refinement Training (Barrie) Mon, Wed, Fri during regular school year (September - Jan 2020). Multiple pick up/drop off locations in Barrie and Innisfil by COPE van is available.
- Support from Volunteer Puppy Sitter network is available for vacations or emergencies.
- Dog food, routine veterinary care, one dog crate, walking harness and leash are provided by COPE.
The application process takes time and training space is limited, please submit your application now to allow enough time to set up a home interview and ensure a training spot is reserved for you upon the approval of your application.
|More Info Link||ca.indeed.com/job/puppy-foster-volunteer-bd9750c29967bd16|
|Benefits||Dog food, routine veterinary care, dog crate, walking harness and leash are provided by COPE. |
Support from Puppy Sitter Volunteer network.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+)|
|Areas of Interest||Animal Services ; Support for Visual Impairments|
|Skills/Experience||No prior experience with dogs is required|
|Commitment Length||Until August 31, 2020 |
This is a one year commitment - puppies are available as soon as you have completed the introductory training.
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Dates and Times||Contact COPE about the next training opportunity.|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 3 individual(s) |
3 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Scheduled training ; Training on-going ; Contact COPE about when the next training session will be held.|
|Transportation||Car required - to pick up dog food, crate and access training/field trip locations|
|Cost||You would provide toys, food/water bowls, bedding, grooming and clean up supplies to the puppy.|
|Additional Requirements||Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2)|
|Start Date||On or after 27 Jul 2019|
|End Date||31 Aug 2020|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||COPE Service Dogs|
|Office Phone||705-734-2673 * 705-734-COPE|
|Address & Map|
75 Dyment Rd
Barrie, On L4N 3H6
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||PO Box 20035 |
Barrie, ON L4M 6E9