You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Reading / Literacy
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Engage in fun activities of mutual interest at school or online and build a friendship with a child who needs a positive role model.
- To help adults with low literacy skills acquire and/or improve basic reading, writing, math and computer skills needed to function successfully in society.
- Establish a learning relationship with an assigned student(s) based on mutual respect and a shared commitment to work together to achieve identified goals
- Plan, prepare and deliver student-centred learning activities and lessons
- Evaluate and recognize progress towards the student’s learning goals
- Comply with administrative requirements of the program
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the program
Volunteers will help children with: reading, writing, mathematics and homework completion.
- One on one visiting with residents
- Supporting and/or facilitating group activities
- Reading or playing games with residents
- Meal assistance
Volunteer tutors are needed to help adults to improve their reading, writing, math and digital skills.
NOTE: We ask potential tutors to commit for one year so that they can come alongside a student for that length of time - once students make the decision to improve their skills, they need a tutor who is willing to work with them to increase not only their knowledge but their confidence and self esteem.
Help set a child/youth up for sucess at school by providing tutoring assistance.
Commitment of one to two hours a week tutoring elementary or high school age youth in a variety of subjects.
Tutoring will take place in the community or virtually.