Service Canada

Site: Barrie

Service: Canada Pension Plan

Record #: BAR0304
Last Modified: 12 Jan 2024
Last Full Update: 31 Jan 2023


Description (Service) Monthly payment to people who have contributed to the Canada Pension Plan and who are at least 60 years of age
  • amount of benefits is based on the contributor's earnings and contributions to the Plan
  • pension is fully indexed each January to reflect increases in the cost of living
  • apply for and receive a full CPP retirement pension at age 65 or receive it as early as age 60 with a reduction, or as late as age 70 with an increase
  • when a legal or common law marriage breaks down, either spouse can apply to split the pension credits earned by them during the period that they cohabited
  • for online service go to
  • for assistance accessing services, complete an online request at Service Request
  • for people who do not have internet access call 1-877-355-2657 Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm
  • for assistance in person, make a request for an appointment by filling out the service request form at Service Request

Service Details

Public Comments There is no local Barrie phone number, use Toll-Free number

NOTE: sign at front of building which houses Barrie Service Canada Centre says Government of Canada, 48 Owen St
Hours Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm, hours may vary
To make a request for an appointment fill out the service request form at Service Request
Areas Served Barrie ; Simcoe County ; Angus; Alliston; Midhurst; Elmvale; Innisfil
  • For Canadians who have made contributions to the plan
  • Partial pension Seniors 60-64yrs
  • Full pension Seniors 65yrs and up
Application Apply on-line by signing in or registering for a My Service Canada Account (MSCA), not eligible to apply online if any of the following apply:
  • currently receiving CPP retirement pension
  • have already applied for CPP retirement pension and Service Canada is currently assessing the application
  • are currently or were previously receiving CPP disability benefit
  • previously received a disabled contributor's child benefit or a surviving child's benefit
  • were previously receiving a benefit that was paid to a designated third party
  • are currently living outside of Canada
  • have an authorized third party on the account
  • if any of the above applies, application will need to be done by mail or by bringing an application to the Service Canada Centre closest to you
To register for a My Service Canada Account the following will be required:
  • confirmation of personal information, banking information for direct deposit and the date the pension should start
  • apply a maximum of 12 months before the date you would like pension to start
  • to receive CPP payment by paper cheque complete the Application for a Canada Pension Plan Retirement Pension and mail it or bring it to the Service Canada Centre closest to you, see website for details
Languages English ; French - Reception, Website, Interpretation, Programs, Publications
Fees None

Address and Location

Located In Community Barrie
Address & Map
Barrie Service Canada Centre
48 Owen St
Barrie, ON
Canada L4M 3H1
Intersection Owen St and Worsley St
Physical Access Fully Accessible

Contact Information

Office Phone 1-800-622-6232
Toll Free Phone 1-800-277-9914, English; French: 1-800-277-9915
TTY Phone 1-800-255-4786
Social Media Twitter Twitter:
Mailing Address Barrie Service Canada Centre 
48 Owen St 
Barrie, ON 
Canada L4M 3H1

Agency Overview