(Imani's Place Foundation)
|Contact||Lisa Ogbole, Executive Director, Imani's Place; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Integral part of promoting the values and mission of the organization in the community and ensuring our operational sustainability. Working toward getting the story of inequality, marginalization and oppression out to the mainstream funders gives a voice to the women who have experienced it and how they are working to overcome these challenges while working with Imani’s Place. Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team, the Grant Researcher/Writer will work toward the following, as a volunteer: |
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Have a clear understanding of human trafficking and associated trauma
• Research, develop, write and submit proposals, letters, reports and other materials as necessary to secure grant support from foundation, corporations and government funding sources to support the organizations operations and programming initiatives.
• Compassion, empathy and patience is a must
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Work cooperatively with the Communications Director and Programming Manager
• Share our passion and dedication to making a real difference in the lives of women (particularly BIPOC women) who have experienced trauma through domestic violence and/or human trafficking.
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• May involve sitting for extended periods of time
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
|More Info Link||www.imanisplace.org|
|Clients||Women who are in transitional housing and are survivors of domestic violence and/or human trafficking who are looking to move forward in a safe and healthy way.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Advocacy ; Research / Evaluation ; Shelter Coordination Support ; Writing / Editing|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; General Computer Skills ; Listening Skills ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Writing & Editing|
|Commitment Length||To be determined|
|Interaction Level||Solitary ; One-on-one ; Small Group|
|Number of Positions||Alliston |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - Self facilitated|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Imani's Place Foundation|
|Address & Map|
New Tecumseth, ON
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Lisa Ogbole; PO Box 578, 14 Victoia St W |
14 Victoia St W
Canada L9R 1V7