You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Manual Labour / Physical Labour
There are 18 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Thousands of people flock to the Wye Marsh every year for our Sweetwater Festival to enjoy the first harvest of the year.
Everyone has the chance to walk the trails, see different sap collecting systems, visit a modern day working sugar shack, taste fresh roasted bannock, and welcome the sights and sounds of spring.
- As a Sweetwater Volunteer you may help with:
- Selling tickets
- Creating take-home craft kits
- Sharing our natural history onsite with visitors
Volunteers may assist with: watering and weeding, mulching the pathways, researching a variety of gardening practices or plant care information, composting/soil building, participate in group gardening activities, create and maintain garden structures such as display board or plant lattices, administration and fundraising.
Volunteers help with packing fruits and vegetables for monthly good food box orders
Volunteers are also needed from 10 am to 12 noon to assist individuals that are picking up their Good Food Boxes.
- Participate in the operation of the shelter (shifts - evening, night, breakfast)
- Carry out the many tasks required for the seamless functioning of the shift/program.
- Interact with guests throughout the duration of the shift (unless it’s quiet/sleep hours).
Volunteers needed to help with special events, duties include
- Set up and take downs for events including barriers/ gates/ posters/ signs
- help with registration, security
- assisting with Perch Fest, Boat Festival, Santa Clause Parade, Folk festival and Canada Day
- Grooming and tack up of the horse
- Leading of the horse for warm-up
- Control of the horse during class
- Un-tack horse and cleanup of equipment
- Support the rider as necessary to balance
- Assist rider to complete skills as needed
- Assist leader with tack and cleanup
Volunteers would be responsible for stocking shelves, cleaning the store, re-organizing items, aseembling product, and assisting customers. Volunteers who are interested should visit the website to register to volunteer.
Volunteers must wear certified safety shoes, be capable of lifting up to 25lbs, able to stand for extended periods of time and be comfortable with 2-3 step instruction.
Assist with repairing used bicycle; Salvaging parts; Organizing/sorting bike shop equipment and tools; Assisting clients/public with bicycle repairs.
Repairing used bicycles for distribution or sale to the public.
Here are some of the many opportunites for you at the Port Hope Fair and we're ready to match you with your interests.
- Set up/tear down crew - carry and set up display tables, attach skirting, put up temporary barriers, place ticket booths at entrances, place cement barriers on track
- Gates/admission booth - sell tickets, apply wristbands
- Beer tent - sell tickets or serve drinks, stock coolers. Smart serve required to serve only
- Parking attendants - direct cars to available parking
- Assist with childrens events - pedal tractor pull, childrens pet show
- Committee members for Event/Entertainment, Promotion, Sponsorship, Recruitment, Site Planning
- Section Heads and helpers for display area (baking, canning, crafts, photography etc
- Associate Directors