You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Therapy
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Raise a confident and responsive puppy.
- Care for the dog’s needs according to guidelines from COPE.
- Provide consistent structure, rules and boundaries to the dog according to training from COPE.
- Provide obedience training and socialization to the dog.
- Transport the dog to and from its training programs: Canines in the Classroom (Innisfil) or Refinement Training (Barrie). Multiple pick up/drop off locations in Barrie and Innisfil by COPE van is available.
- Support from Puppy Sitter Volunteer network is available for vacations or emergencies.
- Dog food, routine veterinary care, one dog crate, walking harness and leash are provided by COPE.
The application process takes time and training space is limited, please submit your application now to allow enough time to set up a home interview and ensure a training spot is reserved for you upon the approval of your application.
Interviews are done by phone and via web conferencing software. Training are done virtually with in-person portion with dogs in open air locations, no physical contact and keeping proper physical distance when provincial guidelines allow us to do so.
Our Adult Day Programs (ADPs) provide social, recreational and therapeutic activities for seniors, individuals with a disability, Alzheimer's disease or other dementia in a safe and supervised environment. Activities are designed to be accessible to each participant by focusing on their abilities, not their disabilities. Activities could include exercise classes, cards and games, art and crafts, music and cooking. Program runs Monday to Friday 9am-3pm. Volunteers come in during a planned timeslot to assist with the programs and visit with the clients.
- Help with the set up and clean up of the projects each week.
- Assist Art Therapist to ensure activity participation and socialization of each participant
- Under direction of the Art Therapist/Family Support Coordinator, provide one-to-one support to the participants during the creative art process.
- Assist with any other tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- At the end of the Program (June) complete an evaluation form about the volunteer role in the Quest Art School + Gallery Program.
Make a difference in the lives of our patients. Whether you want to volunteer directly with patients or support their care at RVH, we have an opportunity that is right for you.
To explore the opportunities available to volunteer in at RVH, visit this link: https://www.rvh.on.ca/careers/volunteering/volunteer-opportunities/
To fill out an application, click this link and select 'Apply to Be a Volunteer Now'. If you are a student looking to join our summer program, please select 'Join Our Summer Program'.