|Record #: MUS0434||Last Modified: 26 Feb 2018||Last Full Update: 04 Jan 2018|
|Description (Service)||Community Services Department has responsibilities for social assistance, children's services, community supports and services, housing and long term care.
Muskoka Community Fund
* limited funding may be available for financial assistance for extreme expenses that are not supported by other agencies or services,
* provides affordable geared to income subsidized housing across the district.
* has co-op housing units with both rent geared to income and market rent units.
* has attainable housing seniors apartment building
* domiciliary hostel program, housing for vulnerable adults with a range of special needs, including, those with mental illness, physical and/or developmental disabilities and addictions.
Gateway Muskoka Home Ownership Program
* Forgiveable loan program to assist with down payment of affordable housing
Emergency Shelter Fund
* A rent bank program that offers one time assistance to avoid arrears eviction or secure permanent housing.
* Utility and mortgage assistance may be available for heat, hydro, water, mortgage, utility deposits or other one-time or unusual costs,
* have a homelessness community worker to assist individuals with housing information, eviction prevention, rent supplement, and housing allowance programs.
Child care Subsidy
* Subsidized child care assistance to working or in school residents in the form of a fee subsidy.
* Assists adults who require financial assistance to pay for eyeglasses, assistive devices, dentures and dental work (separate record with more information).
Warm Clothes, Warm Hearts
Annual winter coat drive in partnership with Simcoe Muskoka Child Youth and Family Services Children's Foundation of Muskoka and Fabricare Cleaning Centres
SEED (Socialize. Engage. Educate. Develop)
Provides opportunities for people to connect with others in their community and to learn from new experiences. Series of community workshops held at various times of the year
Further information on programs and services is also available at the offices in Bracebridge and Huntsville.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * May long weekend to Labour Day: Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Muskoka District|
|Boundaries||Honey Harbour - P0E 1E0
MacTier - P0C 1H0
Port Severn – L0K 1S0
* Not all addresses in these postal codes fall within the District of Muskoka, but when you call intake they will use GPS information to check and if not, will direct you towards either Simcoe or Parry Sound as appropriate.
|Eligibility||Muskoka residents * specific eligibility varies by program
For child care fee subsidy eligibility, contact the District Child Care Case Team at 705-645-2412 ext 321
For SEED program contact Jennifer Kingshott 705-645-2412 ext 1411
|Application||Call or visit website for information|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||District of Muskoka Administration Building|
|Located In Community||Bracebridge|
|Address & Map||
70 Pine St
Bracebridge, ON P1L 1N3
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Pine St and Taylor Rd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-461-4215|
|Primary Contact||Mel Heatlie; Phone: ext 223; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Rick Williams, Commissioner of Community Services; Phone: ext 334|