Service: Mental Health Services - Psychiatric Assessment Services for the Elderly
|Record #: SHA0907||Last Modified: 10 Jun 2020||Last Full Update: 10 Jun 2020|
|Description (Service)||COVID19 Services have moved to telephone/OTN except for those who do not have phone/computer
PASE provides services for older individuals who are experiencing a late onset mental health problem.
* Individual assessment to address the client's issues through social work, nursing, and/or psychiatric input
* Education, liaison and support for caregivers, involved professionals and community agencies
* Recommendation of treatment, services, strategies or case management
* Does not provide legal or capacity assessments.
* Clinics in Peterborough with satellite clinics in Campbellford, Cobourg, Lindsay, Minden and Haliburton.
* Offers Psychogeriatric Resource Consultants services for the four counties which includes * education and training for staff in long-term care facilities and community agencies that service seniors experiencing mental health issues or dementia with behavioural problems * consultation and support for staff in the application and interpretation of assessment strategies and in the initiation of care plans and interventions * work with partnerships to advance health care for older people and their families * serves as a resource for existing networks.
* Brighton and Brighton Township residents should contact the Belleville Geriatric Mental Health Clinic through Providence Care, Kingston.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Haliburton County ; Kawartha Lakes ; Northumberland County ; Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 65 year(s) and up
Older adults experiencing mental health issues or dementia with behavioural problems.
* People living in their own home or a long-term care facility, or Caregivers of the above.
|Application||Referrals may be made by anyone. Agreement with the referral by family physician is required.|
|Fees||None - with valid OHIP card|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Use main entrance and elevators to your immediate right upon entering. Go down one floor and look for wayfinding signage directing you to PASE|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
Main Hospital Building
1 Hospital Dr, Room W3950
Peterborough, ON K9J 7C6
View Google Map
|Intersection||Medical Dr and Hospital Dr|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||From 705 and most 905 area codes: 1-866-877-2910|